The High Quality Camera Module is a camera sensor designed to accept CS-mount lenses and, with the supplied adapter, C-mount lenses for use with the Raspberry Pi single board computer line. It offers higher resolution (12 megapixels, compared to eight megapixels), and sensitivity (approximately 50% greater area per pixel for improved low-light performance) than the existing Camera Module v2. The 12.3 megapixel Sony IMX477 sensor features a 7.9mm diagonal image size and back-illuminated sensor architecture with adjustable back focus. Additionally, this module features an included tripod thread just adjacent to the ribbon cable connector.
The CGL 6mm CS-mount and 16 mm C-mount lenses (in the related products section below) are examples of third-party products that are compatible with the High Quality Camera; see step-by-step instructions for fitting these CS-mount and C-mount lenses in the documents tab. Additional adapters can also be found for use with professional DSLR lenses.
Note: A lens is required for this camera module and one is not included.
- Module assembly w/ 1/4′-20 tripod mount
- C-CS adapter
- Dust cap
- Ribbon cable (200mm) – a longer cable may be needed depending on the mounting technique used.
- Sony IMX477R stacked, back-illuminated sensor, 12.3 megapixels, 7.9mm sensor diagonal, 1.55μm × 1.55μm pixel size
- Ouput: RAW12/10/8, COMP8
- Back focus: Adjustable (12.5mm – 22.4mm)
- Lens standards: C-mount, CS-mount (C-CS adapter included)
- IR cut filter: Integrated
- Ribbon cable length: 200mm
- Tripod mount: 1/4in. – 20